Mathematics for Dyslexics and Dyscalculics
A Teaching Handbook
Author 1: Steve Chinn
Author 2: Richard Ashcroft
A seminal handbook in the field for more than 20 years, Mathematics for Dyslexics and Dyscalculics contains the latest research and best practices for helping learners with numerical and mathematical difficulties.
- Provides a complete overview of theory and research in the fields of dyslexia and dyscalculia, along with detailed yet pragmatic methods to apply in the classroom
- Enhanced coverage of place value and the role of the decimal point,
- Discusses why fractions can challenge a developed logic for arithmetic
- Examines the complexity of time
- Contains new material on addressing anxiety, fear, motivation, and resilience in the classroom
- Links to new resources including standardized tests and recommended reading lists
- Offers effective teaching strategies for learners of all ages in a structured but accessible format
Written by two mathematics teachers with 50 years of teaching experience between them, much of it in specialist settings for students with specific learning difficulties.
- More Information
Features the latest research and best practices for helping learners with number and maths difficulties