Language for Learning in the Primary School & in the Secondary School SET
Practical Guides for Supporting Students with Speech, Language and Communication Needs
Author 1: Sue Hayden
Author 2: Emma Jordan
Bundle Offer: 1 copy of each of Language for Learning in Primary Schools and Language for Learning in Secondary Schools.
This indispensable resource is packed full of practical suggestions on how to support students with speech, language and communication difficulties. Colour coded throughout for easy referencing.
- Identify students with speech, language and communication needs
- Understand how language is processed
- Consider roles and responsibilities at secondary level
- Plan a differentiated curriculum
- Consider the language demands across the subjects
- Adopt a whole school approach
- Make use of a wide range of positive strategies
- Empower students to access the curriculum.
Comes complete with a wealth of photocopiable resources and activities, giving teachers and teaching assistants the confidence to help students with speech, language and communication needs more effectively in mainstream settings. It will also be an extremely useful resource for specialist teachers, speech and language therapists and educational psychologists.