Survival Guide for Kids with ADHD
Author 1: John Taylor
What does it mean to have ADHD? How can kids diagnosed with ADHD help themselves succeed in school, get along better at home, and form healthy, enjoyable relationships with peers?
In kid-friendly language and a format that welcomes reluctant and easily distracted readers, The Survival Guide for Kids with ADHD, helps kids know they’re not alone and offers practical strategies for taking care of oneself, modifying behavior, enjoying school, having fun, and dealing (when needed) with doctors, counselors, and medication. Includes real-life scenarios, quizzes, and a special message for parents.
- What ADHD means - and doesn't mean
- Ways to make each day go better at home, at school adn with friends
- How to deal with strong feelings like anger, worry and sadness
- The lowdown on medicine many kids take for ADHD
- The dish on foods that can help you manage your ADHD
- Fun quizzes that will help you remember what you're learning