Assessing and developing social and communication skills in children and adolescents
Author 1: Belinda Medhurst
A practical collection of user-friendly resources for use with young people aged 8 to 16 who have social and communication difficulties. The accessible worksheets cover subjects such as self-concept & self-esteem, body language & facial expressions, awareness of self and others, relationship skills, conversational & listening skills, feeling safe and staying in control.
- Provides a valuable assessment tool and indicator of key areas for improving social and language skills.
- Addresses key areas of SEAL and can be used in primary and secondary mainstream as well as SEN settings.
- Illustrated worksheets with simple language are accessible to those with language and learning difficulties.
- Professionals can focus on areas on concern and explore the young person’s view of themselves and others.
- Contains guidance and notes for professionals as well as photocopiable worksheets and a CD .
A varied and appealing resource that SLTs, teachers, SENCOs, psychologists and behaviour support workers will find invaluable for use with an older age group not always addressed in social skills materials.